Contest Rules and Voting
Les Vins Georges Duboeuf is a family-owned winery in the heart of the Beaujolais region of France with a rich history of collaborating with artists to create iconic labels for Beaujolais Nouveau, a young fresh wine released every year on the third Thursday of November (November 16, 2017).
This year, we are inviting professional artists to submit label designs that reflect the fresh, youthful, and vibrant qualities of Beaujolais Nouveau. The wine itself is bright, juicy, and fruit-forward. With more than a million bottles sold every year, Beaujolais Nouveau is a wine for and about celebrating. It is the first wine of the harvest, a harbinger of the holiday season and a reason to get together with friends and family.
• All submissions must be either uploaded via the submission form on our website or emailed to email@example.com with the subject line “Nouveau Label Contest”.
• YOU DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT AN IMAGE WITH ANY TEXT OR LABEL INFORMATION.
• Submissions should be submitted along with a high-res head shot and must be submitted in one of the following formats: PDF, JPG, EPS, AI, TIFF, PSD, PNG
• Artists must carefully review and agree to the terms and conditions on our website before submitting.
• Submissions do not have to contain any text or label information – these will be added by our designer.
• Multiple submissions are allowed as long as they are all received by April 9, 11:59 PM EST.
• All submissions will be displayed on the contest website starting March 15,2017. Visitors to the site can vote and comment on the submissions they like best and a final selection of 10 will be chosen by a panel, with consideration of input from visitors to the website.
• The final 10 will be posted to the Georges Duboeuf social media pages (Facebook and Instagram) for voting from consumers April 17-28.
• A vote is considered a like, a comment, or a share across Facebook and/or Instagram and artists are encouraged to post to their social media channels as well to maximize votes!
• The artist who created the label that receives the most votes within this period will receive a $3,450 grant and will have their artwork turned into a label that will be printed on more than a million bottles of Beaujolais Nouveau along with a credit on the back label.
• Runners-up will have the opportunity to have their label designs presented for additional Nouveau Label opportunities, and if selected, will receive a grant ranging from $500-$1,450.